The Friends of Firth of Clyde is a constituted organisation with the following aims:
- to work with residents of Fairlie and surrounding areas, North Ayrshire Council, Fairlie, Cumbrae, Largs and West Kilbride Community Councils, businesses and other bodies to secure a sympathetic development of the Hunterston Peninsula in a way that protects and enhances the local environment;
- to highlight and raise public awareness of features that should be safeguarded by virtue of their landscape, biodiversity and environmental value and to work with other bodies to secure their retention and enhancement where appropriate;
- to raise local awareness, comment upon and if we consider it appropriate, oppose those planning and other applications which are likely to have a significant impact upon the environment of the Hunterston Peninsula and wider surrounding area and the living conditions of residents and the wellbeing of all;
- to carry out practical projects, working with all sections of the local community, North Ayrshire Council, Fairlie, Cumbrae, Largs and West Kilbride Community Councils, the local schools, local businesses and other bodies as appropriate;
- to liaise and maintain regular contact with other relevant groups and national organisations.
Friends of the Firth of Clyde Steering Committee:
Caroline Briggs (Chair), Rosie Heenan (Treasurer), Clare Baguley (Secretary / Membership), Liz & Bill Thomson, Cyndy Duff, Tasha Kater.